3/4 cup of white sugar,
3/4 cup of water,
1 1/2 cups of fresh local raspberries,
Juice of 3-4 lemons
1. The first step is to create the Raspberry Simple Syrup.
2. Mix sugar, water and raspberries together in a small sauce pan. Stir over medium heat until the first bubbles of a simmer appear.
3. Turn down the stove to medium/low and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Take off and let cool before using a strainer to get rid of the raspberry seeds. The mixture should be liquid.
5. Pour into a jar or container. The mixture can be stored up to one week when refrigerated. This syrup can be poured over ice cream or added to a variety of beverages (it tastes just like liquid jam).
6. Squeeze the juice out of 3-4 lemons into a pitcher.
7. Add 1/2 cup of simple syrup and stir.
8. Fill the remaining space in the pitcher with cold water. Stir. Taste to determine if a bit more sugar is needed.
Voila! Fresh Squeezed local raspberry lemonade!