- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano or Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Combine the basil in with the pine nuts/walnuts, pulse a few times in a food processor.
2. Add the garlic, pulse a few times more.
3. Slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on.
4. Stop and scrape down the sides of the food processor.
5. Add the grated cheese and pulse again until blended.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with pasta, or over baked potatoes, or spread over toasted baguette slices.